You know what they say:
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to brew coffee & you caffeinate him for a lifetime"
...or something like that.
Starting October 11, our popular coffee classes are back. This six-week fall semester offers a thorough coffee education—from espresso basics to coffee cupping—all taught by our own knowledgeable CREMA Baristas.
Spend an hour with our 'sprofessors learning practical tips to enhance your coffee experience from home-brewing to nuances of tasting, and everything in between. Six students are welcomed into each $35 class, allowing for the instructor to pay close attention to everyone involved. Classes are held on Wednesdays, from 4–5 p.m. and 6–7 p.m (each time slot covers the same material).
HERE'S AN OVERVIEW OF THE SYLLABUS:
- Espresso Basics: An introduction to espresso extraction—and yes, we’ll let you use the machine.
- Espresso Theory: Brewing ratios, dry mass, wet yields … It’s about to get nerdy.
- Milk Steaming: You’ll know your way around a steam wand in no time.
- Secrets of Latte Art: A creative lesson in pouring coffee that looks as good as it tastes.
- Coffee Cupping: Learn the subtle skill of truly savoring nuances of coffee.
- How to Brew Great Coffee at Home: We’ll take you from the proper equipment to the perfect brew.
COFFEE CLASS GRADS RECEIVE:
- Masterfully prepared coursework
- Discounts for coffee and brewing gear
- Official Certificate of Coffeeness
- 33 Cups of Coffee Journal
- Take-home coffee for two!
If you're ready to take your coffee education to the next level, sign up now and get ready to watch your coffee-brain grow!